Thursday 21 June 2012

Rule Britannia!



Hey guys, I haven't blogged in a while as Iv been super busy wrapping up college and gathering a portfolio together for a internship so I thought I would share this makeup I did in class this last week.





I decided to do a stone lady based off
my sketch but add a 18th Century look to it.







I made the dress out of a white bed sheet and liquid latex! I folded the parts I wanted folded and stuck them in place. I colored it with different shades of white gray and black to look like rock adding fullers earth to give a crumble effect.

I darkened down the wig with black shadow and sponged liquid latex onto it so it would go hard and crusty.




















I painted all my union jacks in not as crackled as Id have liked but hay ho!I then covered the body in a fullers earth paste and let it dry going over it with latex. I painted the skin the same as the dress.







The finished result stone woman!


















I made the fan from cardboard with tissue latex-ed over it to make it look old.

Its a shame I couldn't post this around the time of the Jubilee but in a way I doubt it would have been seen seeing everyone was on a massive 4 weekday bender!

Simon x


No comments:

Post a Comment